Monday, April 20, 2009

Welcome

Welcome to my blog. This is a way for me to write down and explore some thoughts I have about the changing world we live in. My basic thesis is that

1. Technology changes our society (think agriculture, metallurgy, industrial revolution, computer revolution)

2. Our societal constructs are built to fit that society (tribalism, feudalism, republics, urbanization, etc.)

3. Technological change is accelerating: (see wiki on this)

4. Many of our world's problems stem from our inability to change our societal constructs fast enough to keep up with the technological and social changes we are enduring.

I am interested in exploring what changes we need to make across the board. Here are some examples of areas: economics, politics, government structure, food supply, transportation, energy generation, education, war, relationships, and working. All these things are changing as our world changes, and how we deal with them will need to change as well. Failure to do so will lead to the decline of the human civilization.

I am highly interested in your comments and feedback. I'd like to meet more people who are interested in these topics and have meaningful discussions. Please send me your thoughts and links to any interesting blogs or articles.

No comments:

Post a Comment